When you need to get a medical document translated you have to hire a medical translation service that you can trust to do an accurate job. Any mistakes made in a medical document translation could be disastrous or even fatal. This applies when you hire an interpreter too.
Here are some top-notch tips to help you decide
1. Be clear in relation to what you want. This includes how precise the translation needs to be and most important what writing style you require for the translated document. These requirements will help you choose the right translator when you hire a medical translation service.
2. Ensure you have had a quote for your translation in advance of the translation taking place as this will ensure you will receive no shock when you are sent out a bill after the translation has been completed.
3. Become familiar with the medical document translation service you have decided to hire before finally handing over your documents. Check how the translation service checks for quality. The better the checks the higher the chance you have of getting the quality translation you are after. Some checks that should be made are ensuring the message, context and tone match the source document. Sometimes a translator will do a back translation to see how well the translation.
4. Request References from previous clients of the medical translation service.
5. Anybody who is bilingual can say they are a translator but a well established medical translation service will have a record of what satisfied clients have said.
6. Confidentiality is an important aspect of a translation services and you should check on the way its security protocols safeguard your work. You have to make sure they have drawn up confidentiality agreements with their employees such as their translators, and editors. All the documents they have stored on their computer systems must be encrypted so that they are security compliance.
7. You may have deadlines for your medical documents so make sure your chosen agency can meet these with ease. Even though speed isn’t everything you must let your translation company know when you want the translations delivered.
These tips will help you to hire a medical translation service that will not only help ensure your medical documents are safe in the hands of the translator but that you can get a dedicated, personalized service that you have trust in and can feel confident to use. If you wish to hire an interpreter the same hints apply.